Quinoa Veggie Bites
If you have read any of my previous meal ideas, it is no secret that I am a fan of finding ways to sneak healthy foods into my daughters meals. Sometimes getting the necessary nutrients into your child’s diet requires a little experimentation in the kitchen. My daughter enjoys anything the resembles a muffin or finger food. I have seen on Pinterest some quinoa based muffin or bite ideas, so I decided to play with my own combination of healthy add ins that I could make for an easy anytime meal or snack. This flavor combination has become a hit at my house, even my husband loves them!
½ cup cooked quinoa
¼ cup black beans (drained & rinsed)
½ cup shredded cheese of choice (sharp cheddar & colby are favorites of ours)
½ cup steamed broccoli (chopped)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
¼ cup breadcrumb (we use whole wheat, but any is fine)
- Cook quinoa to package instructions ( I always add a tsp or so of coconut oil to the boiling water , it makes for a creamier texture)
- Mix quinoa, black beans, cheese, broccoli, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder & breadcrumb in a large bowl
- Take a large spoon & scoop mixture into sprayed or lined muffin tin
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Makes 6 large quinoa bites
That’s it! Super easy and healthy! I have also made these with some chopped spinach and carrot which were also a hit, but there is something about a simple broccoli /cheddar combo that is always a stand out hit. I like to double the batch and freeze some so I always have them on hand. My daughter also enjoys these dipped in some organic ketchup sometimes!
Thanks for reading!