As a mom I appreciate making meals that don’t require much prep work, especially on those hectic days that us mamas know all too well! I remember my mom making this for my sister and I growing up because it was something that she was able to put together in little time and was something that we would devour. Now I find myself reaching for this recipe to make for my family for the same reasons! This meal is super quick and an absolute crowd pleaser. It is a little more on the comfort food side then some of the other recipes I share, but what is nice about this meal is that you can adjust any or all of the ingredients to fit your families taste buds. Plus it has cheese in it so that pretty much makes it kid approved right off the bat! This is definitely a dinner you can have on the table in no time and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
– BBQ Sauce ( Any will do but we love to use Sweet Baby Rays Original!) to taste
– ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (if you prefer a cheesier consistency you can add more to taste)
– Whole Wheat Elbows Macaroni
– Chopped Turkey
– Garlic (3 cloves) , minced
– 1 small white onion, finely chopped
– cooking oil of choice (we use coconut oil)
– Sautee garlic and onion in oil for about 3-5 minutes until translucent
– Add chopped turkey to garlic and onion and cook until no longer pink / cooked through
– While you are waiting for the chopped turkey to brown, boil water for pasta and cook pasta according to package instructions
– Once turkey and pasta are cooked, combine in a large pot (the one you cooked the pasta in is fine) all remaining ingredients with the meat/pasta mixture. Give it a good stir & enjoy!
Thanks for reading!