When I was pregnant with my daughter I felt like most first time moms, overwhelmed. I was especially overwhelmed when it came to creating my registry. Since I had no experience in the baby department I created my registry based off of blogs and suggestions from people I knew. There were lots of different items from diapers to strollers to baby carriers that people would rant and rave about, however the one item I kept hearing time and time again was the mamaroo by 4 moms.
I decided to put it on my registry out of curiosity if someone would purchase it, but had no real expectations either way. Being a first time mom I just assumed the mamaroo was like any other swing but I was definitely wrong! My sweet grandmother purchased it off the registry and by the time my daughter was born, other then the essentials like wipes and diapers, this was by far the most used and loved item in those early days and months. It was where my daughter took all of her naps if she wasn’t being held for the first couple months of her life.
When I received mine it was 2014, 4moms has since phased out the 2014 and older models with new ones however I have heard from numerous people that the mamaroo looks the same and is still just as amazing the only difference is that it can be used with 4moms free app available for both apple and android, to easily access all of the mamaroos function from the ease of your phone.
* I do not work for or promote for either one of these companies so all the information is based solely on usage and information on the internet *
- The mamaroo is available in a variety of colors & patterns ranging in price from 239.99 for solid colors & 269.99 for patterns. The seat fabric is a nylon material along with a three point safety harness that is removable and machine- washable. The seat also reclines to multiple positions for added comfort. I especially like this feature because my daughter has bad acid reflux for the first few months of her life so the added incline made her much more comfortable.
- There are five motions as well as five adjustable speeds that are intended to simulate and soothe your infant just as the natural motions inside the womb and of parents. The five motions are: car ride, kangaroo, tree swing, rock a bye and wave
- There are four included sounds (ocean wave, rain forest, car ride and white noise) as well as the ability to plug in your phone or MP3 player to play music of your own
- As I stated in the intro, there is now a 4 moms app that you can control the motion, speed and sound of the mamaroo all from your phone! I wish they had this feature when my daughter was little it definitely would have helped me when I was in ninja mode trying to adjust the settings while she was taking a nap in it!
- Includes a cute built in mobile with three fabric toy balls that are removable. My daughter loved to stare and reach up at them when she was little and then as she outgrew the mamaroo she still likes to play with them.
- Some specs: max weight is up to 25 lbs or until your infant can sit up without assistance. Dimensions: 19.5”L x 33”W x 25.5” H
- I love that the mamaroo comes with an AC adapter so that it does not require any batteries, however I wish the cord was longer. It is not awfully short, but depending where you want to position the seat you are a bit limited by its length.
I really can’t say enough good things about the mamaroo. We used it all the time with my daughter and will continue to use it with future children. I love that it has so many motion and sound options that go above and beyond most swings out there. The price although at first seemed a tad on the steep side however it is definitely worth it for all the features that you get. If I did not receive it for my registry as a gift I would have purchased it myself. I recommend this to anyone with a newborn or infant!